To Call Illinois Relay simply Dial 7-1-1.
Relay is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year!
Illinois Relay is a FREE service that allows people who are Deaf, Hard-of-Hearing, Speech-Disabled, or Deaf-Blind to place and receive calls to standard telephone users via a keyboard or assistive device.
To learn more about Illinois Relay, visit the T-Mobile Relay website here.
To learn more about CapTel Relay, click here.
Illinois Relay and its vendor, T-Mobile Accessibility, meet or exceed all federal and state relay standards to ensure that you have a satisfactory experience. However, you may file a complaint about Illinois Relay in several ways.
- Contact Jeff McNeal, Executive Director of ITAC at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Emma Danielson, Accessibility Relationship Manager for T-Mobile Accessibility at: email@example.com.
- You may file a complaint with the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC). Counselors in the ICC's Consumer Services Division are available to provide assistance to consumers in the resolution of informal complaints. The Consumer Counselor handling your case will work with you to try to resolve your concerns with the utility as quickly as possible -- typically within 1 to 14 days. You may file your complaint in one of three different ways:
File an informal complaint online
- By Phone
You can reach the ICC’s Consumer Services Division between 8:30 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday by calling 1-800-524-0795, 1-217-782-2024 outside the State of Illinois, or TTY at 1-800-858-9277. If you are contacting us regarding an urgent matter, please call.
- By Mail
You can send us your comments or complaint by US Mail:
527 East Capitol Ave
Springfield, IL. 62701
If a resolution is not reached through the informal complaint process, you may pursue the matter by filing a formal complaint to be considered by the Commission. The necessary forms for filing will be sent to you by the Chief Clerk’s office at the conclusion of the informal complaint process.
- You may file complaint with the Federal Communications Commission:
- Online: https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov
- By Phone: 888-CALL-FCC (888-225-5322); By videophone: 844-432-2275
- By Mail (please include your name, address, contact information and as much detail about your complaint as possible):
Federal Communications Commission
Consumer and Governmental Affairs Bureau
Consumer Inquiries and Complaints Division
45 L Street NE
Washington, DC 20554